Saturday 23 July 2011

Welcome...

So, here is my first blog post... After coming to the realisation that I have spent far too many years focusing on building an education and a career, I am now conscious of how much I have missed the simple pleasures in life - those timeless and simple pursuits that were passed down by my mother and grandmother about how to live gracefully and elegantly.

These two women have been such an inspiration in my life - even if, as a result of their tutelage I now have skills and interests that are far more suited to a regency-era drawing room than they are to the times we live in today.

So, this blog is about trying to recaputure the simple pleasures that sewing, embroidery, quilting and still to be learnt past-times can bring to one's life. It is also about exploring and enjoying all of the little things that inspire me to live an elegant life...

No comments:

Post a Comment