Thursday 16 February 2012

Personalising gifts...


It was my mother's birthday while I was in Sydney, and we had planned to spend the day revisiting an old childhood adventure of going to Manly on the ferry - alas, the perpetual rain put paid to that plan (we decided to delay it until I get back to Sydney in early April, in the hope of a sunny day on Sydney Harbour). Instead we spent the day up in Blackheath at the very top of the Blue Mountains...it was still raining, but the mist and cold was much more suited to the environs!


For my mother's birthday gift I decided to get her a nice cardigan in one of her favourite shades (it is actually a greeny-turquoise, even though it appears more blue in the photograph). As my mother taught me to embroider I decided to personalise it with a little bit of embroidery for her...





...some simple bullion roses and lazy-daisy's and the job was done. All in all it probably took me no more than 20 minutes to complete the embroidery, but it served to turn the gift into something special and unique for a very special person in my life...

1 comment: