Saturday 3 March 2012

A Saturday morning in Richmond...


What a difference a week can make....This morning I had to pop into Richmond to collect a parcel from the post-office and I detoured around the green on my way back to the car. In direct contrast to last week's beautiful blue skies, this morning dawned with low clouds and a soft mist. It was still quite early when I was out and about, so there were few people around, and the mist seemed to deaden sound even further leaving a quiet stillness. 


Richmond Green can be absolutely heaving in the summer between people, picnics and cricket matches. But on a day like today I was able to appreciate some of it's other attractions...
Lovely old street lamps and rows of Georgian buildings facing the green...

The beautiful symmetry of the architecture...

A quaint pub...

Iconic red phone-boxes...

And there were still a few signs of spring here and there...

Enjoy the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment