Thursday 22 March 2012

Wainscoting...

Image via Design Sponge

You may remember this lovely picture from my post two weeks ago, where I had been browsing blogs and pinterest to help with my savings motivation. Well, this image has stayed in my thoughts...or more particularly, the lovely wainscoting has firmly planted itself in my thoughts as something I would definitely like to try in a future bathroom renovation (actually, probably in more rooms than just the bathroom, but that is what I am focusing on in this post). 


After some searching, I found that the image above is from a design project by Jessica Helgerson. The full home can be seen on design sponge if you follow the link above. But, it also inspired me to start looking for some other pictures for future inspiration...


 
Image via Decor Pad

bathrooms - claw foot tub beveled mirror porcelain sink chrome base white carrara marble hexagon tiles floors polished chrome faucet sconces wainscoting mirrored table bathroom 
Image via Decor Pad

 
Image via Natasha in Oz

 
Image via Living Beautifully DIY - You must visit Melissa's blog to see the before photographs of this bathroom...the transformation is stunning

 


As you can see, they all have some common design elements...pale or neutral colours, period touches (sash windows, claw-foot baths, sconce wall lights) and beautiful attention to the little details. Hmmm, I think I can see an older (renovation project) property in my future....


No comments:

Post a Comment