Thursday 3 May 2012

Keeping up the pretence of spring...


On the face of things, spring seems to passing London by this year. We have had a few bursts of sunshine over the past 4-5 days...but sadly, they have not lasted for more than a few hours, and then the grey, cold, and rainy weather has returned.

Thankfully, the cancellation of spring message does not seem to have gotten through to the flowers, trees and plants in my local neighbourhood. Although there may be a distinct lack of brightness in the sky, walking past lovely terraced cottages each day covered in flowering wisteria certainly helps to make my day brighter...

So, I gathered a few more images together to help me at least feel spring-like (it is May after all, and one shouldn't be having to resort to a winter-weight coat at this time of year)...
Image via pinterest

Image via pinterest

Image via pinterest

Image via pinterest

Image via pinterest


Image via modcloth

Image via Alice & Jay

We used this colour during the painting workshop I attended...I'm already thinking about options for how I could incorporate it into my colour scheme at home...

Image via pinterest

...and when all else fails I am going to imagine myself sitting here in the sunshine, surrounded by beautiful lavender...




No comments:

Post a Comment