Sunday 12 August 2012

Sunday baking and other thoughts....


Kylie (who blogs over at Stylish Settings) posted the recipe for this gorgeous banana and walnut loaf a few weeks ago, and I immediately book-marked the page. This afternoon, I finally had both the time and motivation to spend some time baking, and so I turned to this recipe. And it was as good as Kylie promised...see the recipe here on Kylie's blog. I can highly recommend it. I now just need to freeze the rest of the loaf into individual slices so I'm not tempted to eat half of it for supper tonight...

The Olympics is drawing to a close this evening - it has been a fabulous two weeks here in London, though I think I ended up over-dosing on sport over the period of the games. Starting by spending such a lovely day on Friday in Hampstead, I've continued on with catching up on non-sport related activities that have been sitting half-finished on my to-do list.

I've spent a considerable amount of time over the past few weeks attempting to finish the mini-drawer make-over that was inspired by Kristina at The Painted Hive. Completing this project is proving to be a test of perseverance...I'm so close to finishing, but am having trouble attaching the drawer pulls. I made a couple of trips to the hardware store this weekend in an effort to find a low-cost way of attaching the pulls, but I've come to the realisation that I am, after all, going to have to invest in a drill...

I've also finally spent some time sewing-up a little baby cardigan that I actually finished knitting last month. A good friend in Australia had her first baby at the end of July, and for some reason I was certain she was having a girl...and of course, I was proven wrong. So, the little pink-ish cardigan has languished incomplete and un-needed. But, while the loaf was baking this afternoon I finally finished sewing the seams and blocked it. Now I just need to get some buttons and it too will be complete.

So, a lovely, partly-productive and relaxing weekend...back to the non-Olympic and work-reality tomorrow...at least for two weeks until the Paralympics begin!

3 comments:

  1. Glad you liked it Annie. Your photo is great. Makes me hungry! Sad to see the Olympics end :(
    Kylie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm! Looks delicious and I'm sure it smelled wonderful cooking. I'll pop over to Kylie's blog.

    leslie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Annie,
    I think your blog is amazing and that’s why I nominated it for “One Lovely Blog Award” on my blog! Check it out if you have time.
    http://cuckoo4design.blogspot.com/2012/08/i-was-recently-nominated-for-one-lovely.html

    ReplyDelete