Saturday 8 December 2012

Advent candles...


Last month, my friend C and I went to the Spirit of Christmas Fair at Kensington. It was a fabulous event, and I will definitely go again next year. While we were there, we stopped by the Suzie Watson Designs stand and C gifted me this lovely hand-painted advent candle.


The candles are decorated so prettily, with handpainted hearts, stars and christmas ivy. As I was away in Australia for a few days, I have been a little late in getting the Christmas tree decorated. Whilst I was fighting jet lag on Friday night, I decided to tackle the tree and get up to date with burning my candle.

There are some lovely things on the website, but I think an advent candle is going to become an annual tradition for me.


As is my custom, I have continued with my favourite blue and silver theme this year. A new addition to the tree is this lovely little wedgewood teapot which was a gift from my mother last Christmas...and given that I was just on Sydney recently, there are also now a lovely little selection of gifts under the tree...

2 comments:

  1. Such a cool candle! I remember having a birthday one when I was little. And love your newest ornament addition! Fa la la la :) XOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Annie, I'm sorry to hear about your Grandma..I loved the photo of Heather as a young woman and the more recent one with you. I'm sure you will miss her...98 is a great age. I don't doubt you're jet lagged after a fleeting trip like that...at least Christmas is in full swing in London and that will hopefully cheer you up. I have it on good authority that we are going to get a dumping at the end of this week....(I become a small child in the snow)...enjoy!

    ReplyDelete