Saturday 30 March 2013

Necessity knitting and weekend baking...


Typically, I knit for pleasure and for something to keep me productive when watching television (so I don't entirely feel like I am wasting time and brain cells)...

But, given that London appears to have given up on ever producing spring, I was knitting from necessity this week. For months now I've been hating the gap that routinely appears between the end of my glove and my jumper/coat sleeve, that the bitter wind always seems to find without fail...especially when I am standing on the train station of a morning.

So, this week I decided to pick up a ball of wool/cashmere mix and knit myself a pair of wrist warmers...
...which now nicely bridge the gap between glove and sleeve. I tried them on a walk to the post office this morning and they worked a treat.

And although it is still cold, at least it has been a lot brighter over the past two days. I spent this morning baking - lemon and poppy seed friands. These are an Easter gift for a friend (who doesn't eat chocolate), but of course I had to try one myself this morning. It is the same recipe I blogged about here, but I swapped the zest of 2 oranges for 3 lemons.

I also received an Easter care package from my mother this week which included the February and March issues of my favourite Australian design magazine...so I had something beautiful to look at whilst enjoying my morning tea...

No comments:

Post a Comment