Sunday 29 September 2013

Gorgeous green...

Image via

A certain very close acquaintance of mine loves the colour green...and over the coming weeks/months this person is contemplating moving to a new home.

Personally, I've always considered green to be a difficult colour with which to decorate. But to prove myself wrong and to give E some ideas for envisioning a new space, I've spent some time this afternoon hunting for green inspiration.

I found that I tended to be drawn to fairly neutral spaces where green is used as an accent either with furniture or tile etc...

Image via
Image via
Image via
Image via

Image via

Image via
Image via
Image via
Image via
Image via
Last two images via
(E - I thought you'd be interested in the final two images... The sofas are a darker shade of teal than yours, but I thought the open space, white kitchen, floor colour and mixing in of the occasional piece of dark furniture would be of interest...)

I was somewhat inspired to see how much more versatile green was as a colour base than I had anticipated. I think the biggest issue is the large variance in shades of green available and ensuring a cohesive palette.

Anyone else love green?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment