Thursday 15 January 2015

Developing crewelwork at the Royal School of Needlework...


In 2014, I attended another three short courses at the Royal School of Needlework at Hampton Court Palace. Somewhat ashamedly, I have only just managed to complete the first project, despite actually attending the 'Developing Crewelwork' course back in August.

For two lovely summery days, this was our view from the teaching studio...


Part of me thinks that the view is worth the course fees alone...

During the course we were taught how to transfer our design onto the fabric using the prick and pounce method which was new to me.

And many months later, here is the finished product - well the embroidery is finished. I think I will likely make this into a cushion for the sitting room...but first I need to definitely come to a decision as to what final colour accents I will be using so I can chose a toning backing fabric.



As ever, the teaching quality of the RSN programme was excellent - if you are UK based, or here on holiday it is such a lovely way to spend a day or two...

No comments:

Post a Comment